Thursday, February 24, 2011

Extra! Extra! Read all about it!

Since I have an hour to kill before my meetings start this morning, I figured why not continue this monopoly of the Frayo blog?  This will be a quick one.


There are two floor-number indicators in the elevators at Sunset Station. Each time you pass a floor, the number changes and the indicator beeps. Loudly. You can't miss it.


If you are heading down to the ground floor, you can't possibly be unaware when you land there. The elevator comes to an abrupt halt and both indicators have been counting down to "G" since you got on.


So, I'm on the ground level, waiting on an elevator to take me up to the 8th floor. One of the four elevators descends to the lobby and the doors open. There were two people on board so I was politely waiting for them to step out so I could step in.


Except they were confused. They hesitated. Looked up to the floor-level indicator, and then proceeded to pick up there belongings and begin walking off. They obviously didn't realize they had reached the ground floor.


HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE??!!


I guess the better question is why does that bother me enough to write about it? They took so long to get off that by the time I was able to get in, the doors began to close.


One last thing: Every single occupied room gets a free copy of the Las Vegas Review-Journal each morning. Of course, when I went down for breakfast, I left my copy in my room. Rather than go back up to get it, I just figured I'd stop by the front desk and snag another one.


When I asked the Bellman for a paper, he looked at me like I was speaking Sputnik. The registration desk also had no newspapers.


So there are about 500 newspapers spread across a 21-story tower, but not a single one can be located in the lobby. Can opener.

No comments:

Post a Comment