Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Out Where a Friend is a Friend

We're closing in on two years since the last blog post. In fairness, Fred's introduction to our blog warned our millions of viewers that there will be periods of inactivity. It's no secret that neither of us are strangers to inactivity. We don't necessarily enjoy periods, either.

Today is Election Day 2012. The only reason I know that is because millions of people are bragging on facebook that they voted. They're proud that they exercised their right to do so and they want the world to know about it.

Let's analyze what really happens. Someone gets dressed, hops in the car, drives somewhere, waits in line, punches some holes, gets a sticker, gets back in the car, drives home, and announces his or her accomplishment.

If you replace punches some holes with reads an outdated Sports Illustrated this sequence of events is really no different than getting an oil change. Maybe I've just been doing it wrong all this time. After the next 3,000 miles, I guess I'll peel the reminder off my windshield and stick it to my lapel. 

Don't hate me because I'm a cynic. Blame Zuckerberg.

Toodles! (see you in two years)

No comments:

Post a Comment